Okay... so a drinking game to a Disney movie is arguably not very Goth. Let's just point out that Disney hosts Bats Day and that you can drink this while sipping some suitably spooky beverage like Blood or Absinthe or Tea Caudle.
Mulan is one of the final movies of the Disney Renaissance. It is based on an old Chinese poem about a woman who went into the military in place of her old father and little brothers. The movie is of course Disnified and has weird elements like a talking dragon voice by Eddie Murphy thrown in to be more 'hip.'
Now... this is actually the best drinking game to a film I've done. It's got a small enough number of imbibe moments that one can usually remember them, and they are all for just one drink so there's no confusion about how many sips or chugs this or that requires. Here are the moments:
- Shan-Yu's hawk screeches (repeat the screech and drink)
- Characters pour or have tea (drink)
- Nudity (drink)
- Ancestor spirits on screen (drink)
- End of the Tung Shao Pass sequence (drink)
- Chi Fu on screen (drink)
- Characters cross dressing (drink once for each character. Mulan only counts for one drink, when she first set out for war.)
- Shang takes off his shirt (drink)
- The Emperor says something that sounds wise or mysterious (drink)
- Mushu says something stupid (drink)
- Musical production number (drink)
Interesting fact: Shan-Yu's falcon is called Hayabusa. I just learned this from Wikipedia.
Anyway, since Mulan is a generally agreeable film to most of my friends and since alcohol makes an evening more fun, the Mulan Drinking Game has occupied many an evening with my friends. You can try it yourself and see.