Monday, June 6, 2011

Steampunk Shoes



I'm a fan of Steampunk fashions, but terribly, I find suitable ladies shoes to be hard to come by. What are passed as Steampunk shoes tend to be so plain or so masculine in design I can't imagine any Victorian would have agreed to let one grace her foot, no matter how ahead of the curve she might be technologically.

Today found me shopping around on the lookout for something suitable. Behold a few of the better options:

They suffer from zippers (not invented till Edwardian era), but I suppose we can tolerate that in the context.

An excellent modernized take on the buttoned boot.

A nice dress-shoe for the Steampunk ball, with a fashionable Japanese motif (even if it is a wee bit racy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...